What is a Whole-Home Air Cleaner?
Whole-home air cleaners are air cleaners that purify and remove things like dust, pollen, mold, mildew and more from the air in your home. The best part? They are installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system making them completely out-of-sight.
How Do Whole-Home Air Cleaners Work?
Every time your system runs, the air in your home is filtered through a state-of-the-art filter media air filter that removes contaminants from every room in your home. The resulting clean air is then distributed throughout your home by your heating and cooling system. The system is easy to maintain with maintenance needed only once or twice a year (unlike portable units that you have to clean every month).
Do You Need Whole-House Air Cleaning? Consider This:
- Each person inhales over 3,500 gallons of air each day. Children inhale more particles for their size then adolescents or adults.
- Polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- More than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, about 1/3 are children under 18.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common household allergy, can live in one ounce of dust.
- An estimated 10-15% of the entire population may be allergic to animals.
- A person sheds up to 700,000 skin flakes per day.
Remove these harmful particles and allergens today by calling us at (586) 480-5060 or (248) 987-4244 or contact us online.
What Is An Air Purifier?
Separate from an air cleaner (which filters the air through your heating and cooling system), an air purifier or UV germicidal light utilizes ionization technology to remove contaminants from the air. This process removes odors, smaller particles and even gasses from the air.
What Is An UV Germicidal Light?
Ultraviolet light air purifiers will kill 99.9% of the viruses circulating throughout your home. As the air continually circulates through the ventilation system, these air purifiers continually bring the level of air contamination down. With every pass, more contaminants in the air are destroyed. On average, in a little less than a day the purifier can treat more than 80% of all the contaminants in the air. These purifiers will destroy contaminants quicker than they will be introduced into the environment.
Benefits Of UV Lights
- Kills 99% of the H1N1 (swine flu) virus
- 99% reduction in E. coli, listeria, Strep, and bird flu
- 99.99% reduction in surface bacteria and viruses
- 97% reduction in airborne mold and bacteria
- 85% odor reduction
- Over 80% volatile organic compound (VOC) reduction
- ISO-Level 3 particulate reduction (better than HEPA Filtration)